About the awards
The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor – Vince Lombardi
The Titanium Awards were launched in 2014 by the Board of Healthcare Funders of southern Africa to recognise and celebrate healthcare professionals and businesses delivering superior services to their members and customers in the southern African public and private healthcare sectors.
Identifying leading healthcare performers among healthcare professionals, medical schemes, administrators, managed healthcare organisations and the industry at large, BHF seeks through the Titanium Awards to celebrate and, more importantly, to honour top performers in healthcare.
With an overall of six categories, the awards have evolved since their inception. In 2017, BHF renamed the Lifetime Achievement Award to the Humphrey Zokufa Lifetime Achievement Award in honour of its late former managing director. In the same year, the Health Journalist of the Year category was introduced to commend the works of journalists and reporters who enable access to information about the healthcare industry. This award has since been renamed the Healthcare Media Content Award and it honours the contributions made by health reporters and journalists towards raising awareness of healthcare issues across southern Africa.
This year, the BHF will cast a spotlight upon individuals and organisations in the healthcare sector who have heeded the call to provide timely access to healthcare services by introducing the Titanium Award for Excellence in creating Access to Healthcare. The award is open to all organisations and individuals in the healthcare sector, including CSI programmes, SMMEs, medical schemes, administrators, pharmaceutical professionals, managed care organisations, healthcare professional, and non-profit and government agencies dedicated to creating access to healthcare for communities.
Winners of the Titanium Awards are announced and recognised each year at a prestigious Awards Gala Ceremony held during the annual BHF Southern Africa conference.
Objectives of the awards:
• To recognise and celebrate individuals and businesses that deliver superior service to their customers and members in the public and private sectors
• To facilitate the sharing of knowledge and best industry practice
• To demonstrate best practice among healthcare professionals
• To recognise the application of best practice in action: well rounded; sustainable; holistic and responsible conduct
• To promote partnerships between the public and private sectors
• To provide a unique platform for networking and collaborating
Award benefits (for participation)
Through the Awards, the BHF brings a process in healthcare aimed at driving service delivery and improving standards of healthcare for the southern African region, and providing benchmarks for exceptional performance to ensure a more effective healthcare sector. Participation in the Titanium Awards presents participants with the following opportunities:
• A platform for individuals and organisations to benchmark themselves against their peers and competitors
• An opportunity for organisations to market and promote themselves in the industry across the region, as the Awards are publicised in the greater media
• Marketing opportunities in their winning year through permission to use the Awards title in their own marketing and advertising material
• Logo use of the prestigious Titanium Awards for the winners, for marketing and branding of marketing collateral for the duration of their winning year.
• Media publicity for winners across print, online and social media, thereby affording finalists and winners brand association with the prestigious Titanium Awards, as well as recognition of their own brand and its achievements.
31 January 2019 - Call for entries and nominations opened
25 April 2019 - Deadline for submissions
May 2019 - Judging and auditing for Awards
22 July 2019 - Official Awards Ceremony
Judges to be announced on the 26 April 2019